EDS recognises the importance and value of your privacy. We have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain what personal data we collect, how we use it and for what purposes.
We are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- full name and personal details including contact information (e.g home address, email address, date of birth, home and mobile telephone numbers.
- Where relevant, financial details (e.g salary and details of other income and assets)
- Identification evidence to include photo identification and evidence of address
- Where relevant, medical history.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing all aspects of your case
- With your consent we may periodically send promotional emails about other information where feel we have legitimate business reasons to do so.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
We’ll process your personal data :
As necessary to perform our contract with you for your case:-
- To take steps at your request before entering into it;
- To update our records; and
- To trace your whereabouts to contact you about your account and recovering debt
As necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations, e.g.
- For good governance, accounting and managing and auditing our business operations;
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications and activities on your case.
As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g:
- When you exercise your rights under the data protection law and make requests;
- For compliance wit legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures;
- For establishment and defence of legal rights;
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime;
- To verify your identity, and anti- money laundering checks
Based on your consent, e.g:
- To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so.
You’re free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. The consequence might be that we can’t do certain things for you.
Your data, your rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal information and you have the right to be forgotten. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to us and to the data protection regulator.
Contact details are shown here
JULIE BENNETT, email: email@example.com, or write to us at 5, Church Hill, Coleshill, B46 3AD. Information Commissioner: ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This Privacy Notice was updated in May 2018. This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
For further information please contact us at